I’ve been silent for way too long! That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been making things… more that I haven’t been able to convince my hubster to take great pictures of the things I have made. Really, I should just use the self-timer more.
So, since I last posted, I’ve made myself a burgandy stretch velvet skirt, an awesome pair of jeans (which I then grew out of, I must do something about that) and most recently a pair of dress pants for work.
For the latter, I started with a Burda pattern (Vol 8/04, adapted from style 105). For length, I cut to the line for style 104, I didn’t make cuffs, and I didn’t add the front pocket flap either. The back features faux pocket flaps – I wanted the detail without the fuss. Because I’m carrying a little extra weight at the moment, I also made some changes to the actual pattern pieces. The style went up to 42, which was fine for the waist (in fact, I had to remove some material from the back waist), but I have chunkier hips and thighs. Instead of playing with the outside leg seams, I made the adjustments on the crotch and inner leg seams, effectively scaling them to a 44 from my wider bits. In the past I’ve done this using the marked pattern lines, and just rejoining them, but as this style didn’t go up quite big enough, in this case I actually had to do the measuring and drafting work myself on those seams. So I can tick off a new skill!
I think these pants are a success. I don’t have a pic to prove it, but the fly is very nicely done.
Purple silk top from Veronica Main, shoes from Hannahs, handmade earrings by zippitydoodah.
Kitty model is M from next door. Hobbes was hiding (and I needed to distract M from stealing his food).